Thursday, December 17, 2009

Trading Signals - Why I don't give?

I have been meeting a lot of people these few weeks and a common question that I would get is if I could give them trade signals.  And my answer is a flat "No".  Even for the analysis I put up on my blog, sometimes I am worried that readers would take the face value and jump into trades.  Trading involves money and thus I do have social responsibilities in the stuffs I post.

The are many reasons why I do not give trade signals.  Firstly, it's the trade management skill.  When two traders taking the same view on the same trade, it does not mean that both would profit.  One may lose money or get out with a small profit while the other could have rode the trade and hit his 150pips target.  Moreover, the loser could be trading on a smaller account size and thus the risk would look sizable, say 3% risk, whereas the winner who is on a much bigger account size would feel more at ease as this trade could be just taking 0.8% risk.

At the end of the day, we want to learn how to fish and not get a fish from someone else.   Trading is never simple, it is hard work.

0 comments: