Thursday, January 20, 2011

Importance of Reviewing Your Trading Performance

IMHO, trading has to be seen as a full time job even if you are just trading part time.  And reviewing your performance is an extremely important activity.  Trading without knowing your own strengths and weaknesses is one of the most fatal mistakes that traders make.

I constantly keep track of my performance and making sure that I do not run into unnecessary losses.  Below is one of the metrics that I track for my intraday trading.

Performance based on R-Multiples.  
Noticed that most of my winnings came from good trades that return more than 1.5R and I have losses that are smaller than R.  My R (max risk per trade) is fixed for each cycle.  And the vertical axis is the amount of profit or losses I made over my equity.

My expectancy ratio for week 1, 2 and 3 are 1.71, 0.61 and 5.13 respectively


0 comments: