Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bouncing Back

Many "gurus" out there claimed that to be a good trader, a strong psychology is needed.  I do not dispute with this statement made, but I doubt they themselves understand what it means.

To truly appreciate the above statement, you need to be a real trader and experience the ups and downs, day in day out.  Trader's psychology is not a physical thing, it is just the mental strength and mindset that is required to help traders sustain through the down period without giving up or do more damages.

In order to bounce back from losses (or the ebb state), you would still require your knowledge and skills to make the right trades and get back your trading form.  And you would keep experiencing this cycle throughout your trader's life.

I just shared with some of my traders.  I did not do well last week, but I kept cool about it and continued to encourage them as the market was a little difficult for the first few days.  By Thursday, the clear signals appeared and I started my string of good runs, carried through this Monday and Tuesday.  I managed to recovered all losses and add on with an extra 2% (ROE).  The 2% is no big deal, but this is what we required from time to time - bouncing back.

0 comments: