Friday, November 27, 2009

Keep Trading Simple

I always hear this - Keep Trading Simple.  I have been wondering how true is this.  Trading is never simple.  It involves risks, money sense, and decision making process to put on a trade.  It is the same as a business, it is tough, especially the management part.

I have been telling people and traders that trading is never simple.  Then one day, I actually used this phrase when explaining certain concepts to a trader.  I was liked, "what happened?". 

Then, I realized is because I have build a structure on my thought process and created a methodology to learn.  With these process steps, it flows with the thoughts and thus we can keep things "simple" by following the process and not jumping from one thought to another. 

I have seen other people's structure that are so complicated that are stuffed with rules, observations, and excuses and yet they try to pass this on to their students and ask them to keep trading simple.  In short, I encourage traders to learn more and focus on understanding your thought process and build a structure around it.  This, in my opinion, would help you to strive well in the journey of a trader.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last paragraph i roughly understand which course you r talking about heez... Is just like trying to get a 100% winning ratio with all these rules.

If you really follow the rules strictly think 1 month maybe 1 trade only :)

It left me very frustrated that i join another couse teaching PA which clearly is the way to go.

All the best for your new venture next year and lets not think too much about the past anymore.