Saturday, October 24, 2009

Get Started - Learn Technical Trading

This is how I would summarize for learning of technical trading.  We need the following components.

  • Supports and Resistances
  • Price Levels
  • Chart Patterns
  • Candlesticks
  • Price Patterns
  • Channels
  • Indicators (unimportant)
Information of the above components can be found on the internet and lots of good books.  The challenge is after learning the theory, can you combine with your strategies and trigger mechanism.

Instead of explaining what's above, I would suggest my readers to find out more on their own and I would post live trades with above examples.  Application rules!





2 comments:

Ernest said...

Hi Eric,

I saw you in one of the gatherings in May. (you were the mentor). I liked your way of teaching v much.
Btw, I just want to check, where should i go to find out more on price patterns? How abt harmonic trading? Are there gd books on these? If you are referring to links, what links do you recommend?

Thanks for sharing.
Ernest

elye said...

Hi Ernest,

Thanks, nice to hear from you.

There are lots of stuffs on the internet, just google it. As for books, Trade What You See is not bad. But, I only manage to get a copy from library after I have learnt it. Nevertheless, was a good revision book.

The problem with all these information is the application part. To make them knowledge as part of you, you need to gain experience through trading. I wished I had someone to coach me. Lucky, I pull it through.

Cheers,
Eric